Over 1.2 million people brew their own beer at home in the United States. The American Homebrewers Association® (AHA) is a not-for-profit organization based in Boulder, Colo., dedicated to promoting the community of homebrewers and empowering homebrewers to make the best beer in the world. Since 1978, the AHA has worked to educate people worldwide about the coolest hobby there is—homebrewing.
The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) is committed to promoting the community of homebrewers and empowering homebrewers to make the best beers in the world.
Join or renew and continue to enjoy all the benefits of American Homebrewers Association membership.
- Print: Enjoy six issues of the longest-running homebrew magazine each year delivered straight to your door.
- eZymurgy Online: Access issues hot off the press or past issues back to 2000.
- Zymurgy Mobile App: Download issues to your iPhone/iPad or Android phone using the free app in the iTunes and Play stores.
- American Homebrewers Association DiscountsAHA Member Deals: Enjoy special offers at over a thousand participating locations, including breweries, pubs, restaurants, homebrew supply shops and more!
- Books & Merchandise: Receive pre-publication discount offers on all new releases from Brewers Publications, and receive 10% off all merchandise in the American Homebrewers Association Store.
- Homebrew Club Insurance: Homebrew clubs registered with the AHA are eligible to receive affordable, turnkey, broad-coverage insurance. Sign up for homebrew club insurance today.
Brew Better Beer
- Research IconResearch & Education Fund: Grant applications are open exclusively to AHA members interested in conducting homebrew-related research. Members also have access to research reports.
- Conference Seminars: Audio and visual presentations from National Homebrewers Conference seminars (since 2012) are available for download.
- Lallemand Scholarship: Enter for a chance to win a full tuition scholarship to the World Brewing Academy’s Concise Course in Brewing Technology, valued at $3,700.
- AHA Governing Committee Voting: Vote for you fellow homebrewers to represent you on the AHA Governing Committee.
- Legislative Efforts: Promote and preserve your homebrewing rights through the support of state legislative efforts.
- AHA Festivals IconNational Homebrew Competition: The NHC is the world’s largest home-made beer, mead and cider competition.
- National Homebrewers Conference: The conference is a fun and educational gathering designed to increase knowledge and homebrewing camaraderie.
- Great American Beer Festival Pro-Am Competition: Team up with Brewers Association (BA) member breweries for this unique competition held each year at the Great American Beer Festival (GABF).
- Great American Beer Festival® Members-Only Session: Tickets for the Saturday afternoon session of GABF are exclusively available to AHA and BA members. AHA and BA members are also invited to participate in the GABF’s extremely popular member ticket pre-sale.
- AHA Rallies: Rallies are great events are held across the country for memb